NEO – NIACC Entrepreneur Organization
NIACC Entrepreneur’s Organization (NEO) is NIACC’s chapter of the National organization, Collegiate Entrepreneur’s Organization (CEO), founded in 1983 and supports more than 16,500 emerging collegiate entrepreneurs annually. CEO believes that any student, regardless of academic discipline can launch a business.
NEO’s mission is to assist student entrepreneurs in developing the knowledge and skills necessary to create and operate a successful new business venture, while providing value to the campus and the community. Membership is available to all students, regardless of their major. NEO meets two to three times a month on Wednesdays at 4:00. Currently, the club is meeting via Zoom. Advisors are Daniel Mulligan, Business Instructor and Kelley O’Rourke, Student Entrepreneur Coordinator in the Pappajohn Center.
Who should join NEO? Students on the NIACC campus who want to get involved in a club and who has thought of starting their own business. Business, marketing, and design students, engineering, agriculture, career and industry track students. Everyone can benefit from entrepreneurial skills.
NEO Membership Benefits
- Network with like-minded students
- Meet and receive mentorship from seasoned experts
- Opportunities to compete with other student entrepreneurs
- Leadership training
- Brainstorm and implement service projects to positively impact the campus and/or the community
- Access to classes and guidance from the staff at the Pappajohn Entrepreneurial Center
- Discounted registration fees to CEO conferences.
Interested? Questions? Contact Kelley O’Rourke at the Pappajohn Center (641) 422-4234 or firstname.lastname@example.org.