Bring your idea to life with Venture School
Venture School is now accepting applications to participate in the Fall 2022 cohort.
The NIACC John Pappajohn Entrepreneurial Center has partnered with the University of Iowa to bring Venture School to Mason City, Iowa. Venture School is the state of Iowa’s premiere entrepreneurial training program. Established in 2013, the eight-week Venture School program is built from a streamlined curriculum developed by the National Science Foundation I-Corps at Stanford University and the University of California, Berkeley.
Since its inception, Venture School has helped guide over 250 teams across the state of Iowa, and is designed to benefit Iowa startups, small businesses, non-profits, and corporate innovation teams. While Venture School is designed primarily for start-ups, it also has value for non-profits and businesses looking to introduce a new product or to expand into new territories.
Participants will gain marketing and make valuable connections to help them take their innovative idea to the next level. Venture School is currently looking for hardworking teams and individuals throughout the North Iowa and Southern Minnesota regions to join the upcoming spring program.
Participating teams will also be eligible to compete for cash awards both locally and at the state level during the Venture School launch day at EntreFEST 2023.
Venture School is an opportunity for North Iowa’s business leaders and experts in the field to connect with new entrepreneurs. Coaching is a valuable experience for both the business coaches and program participants.
Each Venture School team will be assigned a local entrepreneur as their coach.
- Gain focus and clarity for your business idea and build your foundational business model
- Test and prove your business idea through guided customer discovery interviews to find product-market fit
- Learn from experienced entrepreneurs, coaches, and instructions
- Make valuable connections with local communities and other external groups that can help you define your key activities and get the resources you need to start and grow your business
- Create a business model that becomes the core foundation of how you provide and deliver value to your customers and clients
- Avoid wasting the time, energy, and money and create a sustainable business model that will deliver your customers what they need, want and are willing to pay for
Would you like more information about joining the next Venture School class?Yes, I'd like to request more info
Cost: A team of up to two members will cost $299.
When: Fall 2022
Applications due September 15
Orientation (in person): Thursday September 29, 2022 @ NIACC, Activity Center #101
Classes (virtual): Every Thursday, October 6 - November 10, 2022 via ZOOM
Final in-person presentations: Thursday November 17, 2022 @ NIACC Campus
Time: 5:30 - 9:00pm
Application Deadline: September 15, 2022
Contact Candi Karsjens at firstname.lastname@example.org with questions, or if you are a local entrepreneur interested in becoming a Venture School coach.